Monday, May 14, 2012

IVF Cycle Day 4

Today "my swell" began after acupuncture.  I'm a big believer in the power of acupuncture and today's treatment kicked my follicles into gear.  Shortly after my treatment, it was as if my body said, "okay, let's do this!"  Thus, my belly is getting big, AKA "swelling."  I love the way ancient and modern medicine harmonize at this point in IVF.  It's as if the acupuncture tells my body that it is okay to let the ridiculous amount of chemicals being dumped into my body work the way they should.  While I don't like that I can't even button my "big girl" jeans, I will be thrilled to ditch my waistline for the next 10 months or so!

My mister and I have pretty much mastered the injections.  I ran home from acupuncture and it was time for two injections.  He was finishing mowing the lawn, 5 neighbor kids were at our house, 2 of those neighbor parents had dropped by, dinner was done in the oven, homework needed to be done, etc., etc.  While walking a parent through the house to the backyard, I detoured to the kitchen where my meds were in the fridge.  I drew up the meds and summoned the mister to meet me in the study.  About 30 seconds later, we were back in the yard with the neighbors as if we had never left.  We're a pretty good team!  I do my own Lupron injections, but the others that sting have to have someone else's steady hand.

Staying on top of all of the appointments and injections has definitely made our lives busier.  However, now that I have "my swell" to stare at, why we are doing all of this is becoming very real!

No comments:

Post a Comment