After being devastated by the loss of a pregnancy following a FROZEN IVF cycle a year ago, our focus has changed to being cautiously optimistic for a new FRESH IVF cycle. Wanting a different result this time, we decided to make some different choices in our final attempt at achieving a pregnancy. So, here you will find our "Fresh Never Frozen" journey. Hopefully, one day our last addition will find just how much he or she was wanted.
Monday, May 21, 2012
IVF Cycle Day 11
I was not expecting to make it to this day without a trigger shot! My follicles didn't grow as much from yesterday to today and are still too small to trigger for retrieval. I'm totally freaking out and today has been really hard! My doctor called and doesn't think we have hit a "plateau," but that we might need another day or so to grow. I also had different ultrasound techs yesterday and today, so that might have something to do with the measurements. Apparently, no two u/s techs measure exactly the same. We really need to see some more growth tomorrow, and I could really use some positive news! My doctor said if the growth continues as she predicts though, we should be able to retrieve around 7-9 embryos, which is good for us. At this point, I'm just so ready to be waking up from the anesthesia and having my mister telling me how many embryos were retrieved! Thursday or Friday cannot come soon enough!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment