After being devastated by the loss of a pregnancy following a FROZEN IVF cycle a year ago, our focus has changed to being cautiously optimistic for a new FRESH IVF cycle. Wanting a different result this time, we decided to make some different choices in our final attempt at achieving a pregnancy. So, here you will find our "Fresh Never Frozen" journey. Hopefully, one day our last addition will find just how much he or she was wanted.
Friday, May 25, 2012
First Embryo Report
The embryologist called this morning to inform us that all 6 mature embryos fertilized! We are thrilled with this news, but are still nervous about each of them making it through each day with good cell division. By day 3 last time, 3 of our 4 embryos had stopped dividing. Our specific ART (artificial reproductive treatment) is IVF with ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection), and the embryologist mentioned that the ICSI procedure had gone well. Picking out 6 perfect swimmers from a pool of 40 million is not a job that I would want! My sister asked if they play romantic music in the lab during this part of the process . . . ha, ha, they probably should!;) I felt really good today! My mom, daughter, and I even went out to lunch and shopping for a few hours to celebrate. I've only had about 12 pills to take today (ha, ha), so other than popping pills in the restaurant, it was an easy day to get away without worrying about a bringing a cooler full of syringes. Tomorrow more hormones will be added in order to get my uterus prepared for the embryo(s) to be put back in, so the "crazy lady" might pay a visit again.;) Overall, today was a good day on the IVF roller coaster and that's all I can do is take one day at a time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment