Friday, June 1, 2012

Still keeping the bed warm!

My mom left today. Sad for me, good for her, I'm sure she needed a break! My mister is off the next four days so he will resume her duties. Let's just say the house might not sparkle and the food won't be like grandma's but the kids will still have fun and no one will go hungry. I have had a few friends ask me, so what now? After this weekend, I will gradually increase to light-normal activity. I still need to keep my heart rate below 140 to insure adequate uterine blood flow, no heavy lifting, no caffeine, etc. I'm still being followed by my doctor very closely with frequent lab work. Because I've lost my last three pregnancies, I'm on a slew of pregnancy "support" medicines. My doctor isn't taking any chances! I start each day with a Lovenox (blood thinner) injection as well as a baby aspirin at night to prevent placental micro-clots. I take steroids morning and night as well as mega-vitamins three times a day. My hormone support includes progesterone three times a day and estrogen in the mornings. I have 8 med alarms on my iPhone and there is no way I could keep track of things otherwise. If I'm pregnant (I mean after I find out that I'm pregnant), some of the meds will continue the entire pregnancy and some I will gradually be weaned off after the first trimester. I will also "graduate" to a regular ob/gyn after the first trimester. I can't wait for that thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment