After being devastated by the loss of a pregnancy following a FROZEN IVF cycle a year ago, our focus has changed to being cautiously optimistic for a new FRESH IVF cycle. Wanting a different result this time, we decided to make some different choices in our final attempt at achieving a pregnancy. So, here you will find our "Fresh Never Frozen" journey. Hopefully, one day our last addition will find just how much he or she was wanted.
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
First Beta HCG Results
Today was a big day! We received my first beta hcg results. I was up bright and early, and I'm pretty sure I was the first one at the lab. Less than three hours later, my doctor called me herself to tell me that my beta was 269 . . . positive! This is a little high for this early on, but there is no way to know if it is twins until my ultrasound in 2 1/2 weeks. This is a huge milestone for us, but with our track record we are still not fully celebrating yet. We will recheck my beta on Saturday to make sure that it is rapidly increasing, indicating a strong pregnancy. Then, we need to make it to our first ultrasound to make sure our little embryo(s) are doing okay. We choose not to do any genetic screening of the embryos this time, but are feeling good since they looked so great on day 5 (the blastocyst stage). We are trying not to dwell on the past, but after three losses it's hard not to worry. For now, we are thrilled beyond belief. I keep thinking how glad I'm that we never gave up during this roller coaster process that has been going on for years! I think after so many years of disappointment, we can't even wrap our minds around being pregnant! There will be a 6 year gap between my daughter and this baby, so we are more than ready to enter the baby world again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment