After being devastated by the loss of a pregnancy following a FROZEN IVF cycle a year ago, our focus has changed to being cautiously optimistic for a new FRESH IVF cycle. Wanting a different result this time, we decided to make some different choices in our final attempt at achieving a pregnancy. So, here you will find our "Fresh Never Frozen" journey. Hopefully, one day our last addition will find just how much he or she was wanted.
Saturday, June 9, 2012
It's official . . . we're pregnant!
So today I went in to have my second beta hcg drawn. It's a big deal, because increasing hcg indicates a healthy pregnancy. While we were excited to have a positive test three days ago, we really needed to see an increase today. Our last IVF cycle this is when my hcg dropped and things got ugly. Today's results were 810, which is triple from our first test! I spoke briefly with the embryologist while I was there and he said that 9 out 10 patients with my hcg levels this early on are carrying twins. That would mean that both of our embryos implanted! I got a little lightheaded when he said that, because I know that twins are high risk pregnancies and that our our lives would be drastically changed. For now, our focus is getting to the ultrasound in two and a half weeks, which is the only way to determine how many embryos there are. We would be thrilled with one and even more excited for two! After so many years, it's still pretty surreal to actually be pregnant. Neither my mister or myself have quite wrapped our minds around it yet, so hopefully the ultrasound will also help things sink in a little. I'm between 4 and 5 weeks and the baby would be due the beginning of February or babies around the end of January. Here's hoping the next few weeks and months go by quickly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm soooo happy for you! Woo-hoo!
ReplyDelete