My neglect of this blog the last five months is definitely a reflection of how sick I have been during this pregnancy! I've tried not to complain too much because being miserably pregnant was our goal.;) The first trimester was rough as I was still having daily Lovenox injections, steroids, hormones, baby aspirin, folgard, and prescription multivitamins. The extra chemicals in my body added to my sickness, but also helped us maintain the pregnancy. Not a day went by that I didn't remind myself of that. The second trimester was the worst for nausea and vomiting, but getting off the blood thinners, steroids, and extra hormones certainly was nice. Now at almost 32 weeks and into my last trimester, I'm so excited there is light at the end of the tunnel. While I'm feeling better in some ways (no more vomiting), other discomforts have begun (aches, pains, heartburn, etc.). I have already put on 50 pounds! My nausea is the kind that needs to be fed.;) The babies, which are BOYS, have been developmentally perfect so far. At this point I have very frequent doctor visits (ultrasounds, stress tests, etc.) and the goal is to let them cook as long as they can.
I'm kicking myself for not posting the day we found out their genders. I found out at 14 weeks back on August 16th. I didn't think they'd be able to tell and had brought my son and daughter with me thinking it would be a quick, uneventful appointment. My mister was at work! When the u/s tech asked if I wanted to know genders, I said "of course!" She told us Baby B first . . . a boy! My big kids were thrilled! Then, she took a little longer determining Baby A, but announced he was also a boy! I was shocked, but my eyes went straight to my 5 year old daughter . . . she was beaming! Phew! My son was of course thrilled and we immediately called my husband who was also thrilled. For some reason, a boy/boy combo hadn't crossed my mind! I figured they'd probably be boy/girl or girl/girl. Once I absorbed this combo, I was also very excited! I don't do well with girl drama and how seriously cute are two boys going through life together!;)
Anyways, I hate that I haven't been better at documenting this miracle pregnancy for our family! On the flip side, I'm so grateful that we have survived this pregnancy and will finally be welcoming home our little fellas next month. My big kids have been troopers and learned to be a little more independent when I couldn't get out of bed or off the couch. My husband has also been very patient with me and had to pick up a lot of the workload at home while continuing to run his business. After all that we have been through the last several years, I feel like bringing these babies home will be like making it to the top of a very tall mountain!;) I cannot wait to nurse babies all day and night and maybe get a shower in the late afternoons. I cannot wait to feel their two little heads in my neck and to see if they look alike. I cannot wait to see my big kids attend to their every sound and movement. My son already grabs my belly and says, "don't worry, we're going to get you out of there!" I know they'll be good helpers. I cannot wait to be recovered from my c-section of my two little breechlings.;) For now, I still feel like a lot needs to happen in the coming weeks to get ready. While the road to the point has been long, the end of this pregnancy has come quickly! I do not want these boys spending one second in the NICU. So grow babies, grow!
They've certainly come a long way from being our only two little embryos in a petri dish in a lab!!! Here are some of their latest photos in 3D back at week 28:
Baby A
Baby B
No comments:
Post a Comment